Tuesday, August 24

My Someday List

Lately, I feel that I've been living my life in automated mood, repeating the same activities daily with no conscious control over them. I drone through the weekdays, looking forward to Fridays and weekends, where I hope to recharge myself for yet another dead week ahead. It's horrible when you realize this cycle continues week after week, with no end in sight. As of today, I no longer wish to repeat said cycle, since I'm not a happy camper and I'm feeling a bit lost. I've always been one of those people that has had a plan and direction, which kept me on track with achieving my goals. Now, for the first time ever, I feel I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Thus, I'm attempting to stop sulking about it and give myself some direction again by creating my Someday To-Do List. I've decided to post the full list online (in no particular order) to create some type of accountability and as a constant reference to encourage me along the way. I have always been a keen maker of To-Do Lists even from when I was a kid and so the idea of having this mammoth To-Do List is right up my alley, plus they say Life lists are one of the best ways to plumb the depths of the human psyche . . . so maybe you'll learn a little about me as well. :)
JOHANNA'S
SOMEDAY LIST
  1. Cage dive with a great white shark
  2. Ride a motorcycle
  3. Learn to make really good homemade cheese ( 1st attempt: Partially Completed 06/11/11 )
  4. Visit the Disneyland Park in Paris, France
  5. Feel and look physically fit / Weigh within my ideal body range
  6.  Take a USA road trip / Leisurely drive across the country
  7. Take a wine tasting class ( Completed 12/04/10 ) ( Completed 03/29/12 - French Wine )
  8. Go on a Mother-Daughter vacation
  9. Resign from a job I dislike (i.e. does not give me a sense of accomplishment)
  10. Take up English longbow archery
  11. Brew my own beer
  12. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity ( Completed 10/02/10 )
  13. Visit a psychic and have my tea leaves read ( Palm Read in Hong Kong 2007 ) ( Completed 08/20/11 )
  14. Fall madly in love and be loved back
  15. Explore my spirituality
  16. Learn how to take a compliment well
  17. Snowboard the Swiss Alps / Try snow-shoeing
  18. Get happily married
  19. Remain debt free
  20. Attend at least one major sporting event (Super Bowl, World Series, Olympics, etc.)
  21. See the statues of Easter Island or tour Taj Mihal 
  22. Volunteer at a soup kitchen / Give money to a charity close to my heart
  23. Be a mom / Enjoy parenthood
  24. Learn about sailing boats
  25. Try out vegetarianism / veganism ( Completed 03/01/12 )
  26. Laugh more
  27. Save up three months of salary for emergencies
  28. Spend a summer on "vacation"
  29. Find a job I love (i.e. gives me a sense of fulfillment)
  30. Learn about aging gracefully
  31. Attend a movie premiere or be an extra in a movie
  32. Visit Jane Austen's house museum in Chawton
  33. Stomp grapes at a wine vineyard
  34. Sleep in the wild under the stars
  35. Rent a car and drive around New Zealand
  36. Sleep in an igloo / ice hotel
  37. Professionally ask for a raise at work
  38. See an active volcano / hot lava up close
  39. Re-visit travel locations I saw in my youth again as an adult (ex. Grand Canyon)
  40. Own a house
  41. Earn a Master's Degree
  42. Visit the White House / Become serious about politics
  43. See the Northern Lights ( Aurora Borealis )
  44. Give a heartfelt surprise to someone
  45. Discover true joy
  46. Build a family tree with photos
  47. Join a social etiquette class and further refine my mannerisms
  48. Go on a romantic getaway
  49. Have a beer at Oktoberfest in Germany
  50. See a Broadway show on Broadway
  51. Strengthen my long-distance relationships
  52. Learn to drive a stick (manually)
  53. Go on a meditation retreat within a Buddhist temple
  54. Kiss under the Bridge of Sighs ( I will go back one day : 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 )
  55. Drive the Autobahn
  56. Have enough money to be able to finance my life goals / Get serious about my retirement
  57. Ride on a Mardi Gras float
  58. Plan a vacation with my girlfriends ( Completed New York 1, 2, 3, & 4 with Grace )
  59. Visit the highlands of Scotland ( Completed 05/19/11 )
  60. Go to Carnival at Rio de Janeiro / Experience La Tomatina in Spain
  61. Begin my own business doing something I love (maybe related to books!)
  62. Find someone who inspires me and thank them
  63. Be in Ireland for St. Patrick's Day
  64. Visit the pyramids of Egypt
  65. Tour the Top Ten art museums in the US
  66. Learn how to change my car's oil by myself
  67. Rent an isolated log cabin surrounded by snow
  68. Go one week without electronics (TV, radio, iPods, computers, cars, etc.)
  69. Cruise the Mediterranean Sea
  70. Take a ballroom dancing class
  71. Go on an African Safari and site the Big 5
  72. Obtain VIP access to a Chocolate Festival
  73. Visit Alaska and touch an iceberg
  74. Continue to practice my Japanese
  75. Do something out of character (ex. go on a spontaneous trip where I plan nothing beforehand)
  76. Teach myself to bar-tend classic cocktails / go to a bar and buy everyone a shot
  77. Take a photo for everyday of the year
  78. Clean out all my closets and donate unwanted clothing ( Completed 06/12/11 )
  79. Be a better person / Say "You're Welcome" more when someone thanks me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!