Sunday, October 3

13. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity

Saturday was my first day to volunteer with the local branch of Habitat for Humanity.
I really had no idea what to expect, but I was happy to get to do something somewhat easy - painting.
The challenging part was having to crawl out the 2nd floor window on to the raised metal platform to do thus paining - just a bit frightening!
Especially frighting when your platform would wobble and shake with your every brush, but after a bit, I got use to it - even though I refussed to be anywhere near them when they were manually being lowered and raised.

It was a lovely weekend to be out and I'm glad I was able to already check off one of my To-Do List picks - #13, how appropriate to fall within the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!