Saturday, March 13

Dreams Come True

NOMA is having a 30-hour closing party (yes, they're open all night too!) for their current exhibit - Dreams Come True. I've been wanting to see it for ages now, so I went this morning to enjoy the art of some classic fairy tales from the Walt Disney studio.
It's a major exhibition featuring more than 600 original artworks (many never seen before) that shaped legendary animated features including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.It even included artwork from the recent Walt Disney Animation Studios musical, The Princess and The Frog, an animated comedy from the creators of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin, set in New Orleans and released last Fall.
Visitors to the exhibition get to encounter themed rooms showcasing artwork related to specific animated features. Arranged chronologically by year of release, the rooms will feature, in order: Silly Symphonies, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and The Princess and the Frog.
Sadly photography wasn't allowed inside, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole presentation. I expected to like my favorites Beauty & The Beast or The Little Mermaid best, but I have to say I really was fascinated with the art from Cinderella most.
I enjoyed the exhibit so much that I ended up getting the beautifully illustrated catalog, which presents familiar fairy tales and the adaptations made by the Walt Disney Studio for the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!