Saturday, March 14

St. Patrick's parade fun in New Orleans

The gentlemen of the Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Club will put on tuxedos and parade down Magazine Street, tossing cabbages, giving out flowers and throwing beads. The parade on Saturday, March 14, will be preceded by the 62nd annual St. Patrick's Day Mass at noon at St. Mary's Assumption Church, 923 Josephine St. The parade starts at 1 p.m. at Magazine and Josephine streets, turns onto Jackson Street to St. Charles Avenue, then circles back down Louisiana Avenue and Magazine Street to finish at Jackson and Constance streets. On St. Charles Ave - 1st Party (One of three parties for the day) Representing the "throws" soon to come from the parade. We had a wonderful lunch buffet set out!
Amie and the two new cool girls we met.
The "Gentlemen" were giving out paper flowers, but you had to give a kiss to get a flower.
Since I have red'ish hair, green eyes, and freckles - everyone thought I was Irish! Ha, Fools. I scored on really cool throws!
It poured during many parts of the parade, thus we didn't want our wine to dilute.
Poor cabbage we didn't catch that ended up in the dirty water ditch.
Since St Patty's celebrations are mostly all about drinking, many of the floats were handing out green jelly shots. Thus, my red "Irish-looking" hair really pulled off getting shots all around for the ladies! Plus, I even got a couple of unopened beer cans as well from a float - score!
Nasty day, but one of my FAVORITE parades!
I love it! She got a "Kiss Me" pillow with Scope mouthwash. HA!
Besides, jelly shots, vegetables, and paper flowers - the next best throw was a garter belt. Thus all the ladies had them!
We actually saw the parade TWICE!
Once on St. Charles Ave and again on Magazine Street!
I really enjoyed catching "Irish" themed items like Irish Springs soap and Lucky Charms cereal.
We actually know this guy from work!
Cabbages lined up on the spiked fences along Magazine St.
Overall, I caught 10 cabbages!
Plus, one onion, garlic, lemon, orange, and potato. Random, I know!
I plan to make a cabbage soup of some kind and force it on my coworkers later this week!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!