Saturday, January 21

Early Birthday Celebrations


Lots going on this Sunday. Friends coming over for a Kitten Shower in honor of my newest family member, Dixie, and than afternoon tea at Le Salon in the French Quarter, can't wait!
For centuries, women in our culture have used bridal and baby showers as a way to celebrate the significant, life-altering events in one another's lives. These gatherings are an opportunity to pass on traditions, to offer advice and to "shower" the woman of honor with gifts to get her started. Blame it on reaching the 30s mark (woo-hoo!), but every time I turned around these last years, someone else was getting married, buying a house, or having a baby. Not only was I spending a lot of money on gifts, but I was being reminded that I wasn't following the "Rites of Sisterhood" - there were no significant events in my life to celebrate. So, when I finally found a new kitten to join my life, years after coming to the conclusion that Draco couldn't possible kill a kitten, it was and is a big, life-altering event. I am embarking on a new leg of my life journey and, darn it, I want a party! Like any new mother, I was so excited about my bundle of joy that I wanted everyone to coo and gasp at her preciousness.
Experience the delightful tradition of afternoon tea in New Orleans at Le Salon. Sip from a selection of 26 of the finest loose-leaf variety brews while your ears enjoy soft melodies from a harpist or string trio. Nibble on an assortment of delicious tea sandwiches as you engage in one of New Orleans most beloved and fashionable pastimes. Those with a taste for bubbly can enjoy one of Le Salon’s many wonderful champagne cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. This post is so true. There are many things to be celebrated throughout life and each of their importance is based on the person at hand. Wish I could've been there to celebrate your new addition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!