Sunday, October 18

It's FINALLY cold

...or at least chillier than I'm comfortable with. Nights in the low 50s, highs during the day in the mid-60s and that's even in the sun. It's the FIRST weekend New Orleans has had an official cold-front come through. It's a nice change from the humid high 80s we've been having earlier this past week and since sadly I had to go in and work today (yes, it is a Sunday)...I treated myself to some nice homemade soup. My favorite too - Chicken and Dumplings. I even made it ALL from scratch. Bought a whole chicken along with lots of carrots, celery, onions, parsley and I made my own doughy buttery dumplings. Yum! I love soups in the Fall!

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving this weather as well! Chicken and dumplings is my favorite but I never make it! You've inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be sharing a bowl with you now :) You're quite a chef.... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!