Wednesday, July 15

Johanna's HP&THBP Movie Review

Ok. I'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say that this was possibly my favorite Harry Potter movie, thus far. It's defiantly geared more toward the older crowd since it's getting darker and quite intense that I question if it may upset some younger audience members. Overall, I loved it. You get sucked right in at the beginning and actually want more as the credits roll.
Jim Broadbent, who plays the daffy, yet tormented new addition to the Hogwarts staff - Professor Slughorn - was surprisingly my favorite addition to the cast. His facial expression were priceless! Also, I have to give props to Tom Felton. After years of playing the petulant platinum-blond pest Draco Malfoy, I bet he couldn't wait to get his hands on the script. He was wonderful at getting you to actually feel sorry for his new tormented role.
Favorite scenes from the movie: The potion making scene for the luck serum and the private dessert party scene that Professor Slughorn threw were fantastic. Both had me cracking up! Also, I did get quite spooked (and even jumped in my seat) with the scary cave water scene...you'll see.
Even if you're not a Harry Potter fan - haven't read the books or kept up watching the movies - I think you'll surprisingly enjoy this new installment and not have any trouble following the fairly complicated plot. Don't go in expecting a light, kiddie adventure film - it's the complete opposite, but you'll like it...I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm on pins and needles to go see it!!!

    If I dont' get my hands on a copy here, then I'm going to look up theaters in London!! Can't wait till after the 24th to see it!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd hate the waiting too! ;) But believe me...it'll be WORTH the wait. Enjoy it when you get around to seeing it!!

    I saw the 4th movie at the IMAX theater in London - I would highly recommend seeing it there since this movie has some wonderful special effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!