Sunday, February 6

Muses Shoe Decorating Party

Was invited to my first Muses Shoe Decorating Party today. (two of my completed shoes above!)
The party was to assist some of my friends (who are also krewe members) and one is riding in this year's parade - Float # 12.
She wanted to have around 30 shoes as throws and asked us all to make up to 4 each.
Plus, it was such a nice day outside to play around with glitter and high heels.
Amie making a pair of baby Muses shoes for Julia, her 3 month old daughter.
I made the 2011 turquoise boot, but my #2 came out more as an "a" . . opps! But its a Muses history boot with past throws cut up and glued on.
You wouldn't think it . . . but it was rather difficult at times to cover the whole shoe with glitter (sole, heels, bottoms, insides, etc)
Two of my other shoes above!
I assisted Marney with the Alien shoe, fun eh?
Maybe some lucky locals will be happy to catch one of my creations! ;)

2 comments:

  1. haha....I especially love the rain boot and the pink shoe with the 'virgin Mary'??? on it :) And yes, sometimes it looks like a 'a' and sometimes it looks like a '2' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Virgin Mary' was a theme that one of the girls put into all her shoes, since some had Mary image print-outs glued inside. She even had "Save Your Soles" written on the back of them all! haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!